Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Lesson From My Vacuum....

Does anyone out there have a love/hate relationship with their vacuum?  I know that sounds a bit strange, even to me as I type this!  Just humor me and let's explore this relationship, shall we?

I LOVE that my vacuum inhales the dust and dirt from my carpet...
      .....so my grandkids can breathe easier and roll around on the floor without sneezing.....

I LOVE that my vacuum is ready when I am...just plug it in and flip the switch!
       ....no lines, no waiting....

I LOVE that my vacuum has a very cool attachment that can get to those little dust-bunnies that live in corners...
       .....Who named them "bunnies?"  Can't we call them another name that's not so endearing?...

I LOVE that my vacuum is so versatile with settings for any type of carpet or floor....
        ....Can I say I vacuum my floor?  I sweep too, but that's another blog altogether....

NOW....I don't really like using the word "hate"...so maybe I'll just say "DISLIKE"....
        ....I can't tell the grandsons that "hate" is not a nice word, only to have them find out
             that Gammy used that bad word in a blog!

I DISLIKE that my vacuum sometimes seems to be running me instead of me running it....
       ....(hmmm, like when I try to run my life my way instead of God's way?)

I DISLIKE that my vacuum has a cord that might possibly reach from Florida to Connecticut....
      ....and it always seems to wrap itself around any kind of legs it gets close to...
         ...table legs...chair legs....my legs.....                                               ...
          ....(oh, like the way I get myself tangled in messes, yet I am forgiven through          
                          His Mercy and His Grace?)

I DISLIKE that my vacuum has a plug that constantly wants to disconnect itself from the wall socket.....
       ....(Like how my life gets busy sometimes and distractions get in
               the way of my prayer time...which is so vital to keep connected and 
                     plugged-in to my power source....Jesus Christ?)                           
                              
     
It is a bit humbling to find out that I am guilty of many of the same things that I "dislike" about my vacuum!

Thankfully, I have a Lord and Savior that paid the price for me through His sacrifice so that the dirt of my sins could be vacuumed away...clean...forgiven....gone....Thank you JESUS!

        "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse
          us from all unrighteousness...."       1 John 1:9
                                                               
I think I will be looking at this household chore in a whole new light ...


Happy vacuuming!

Doris :)



No comments:

Post a Comment